The predecessor of Aletheia University is College of Science and Technology which was initiated and established in 1882 by Dr.George Leslie Mackay, a missionary from the Presbyterian Church in Canada, and later known for generations as Oxford College.It was renamed as Tamsui Private College of Business Administration. It was officially renamed as the present Aletheia University in 1999.
The university has two campuses, one in Northern Taiwan while the other in Southern Taiwan.The Northern Taiwan Campus has Department of Religious Culture and Organizational Management, Department of Humanities and Informatics, Department of Music Applied Science and others, and offers five Master degree programs respectively at Department of Religious Culture and Organizational Management, Department of Information Engineering, Department of Business Administration, Department of Economics in the field of Economy and Finance, and Department of Statistics and Actuarial Science. The South Taiwan Campus has Department of Air Transportation Management, Department of Eco-Tourism Management,Department of Hospitality Management, Department of Leisure Tourism Studies and others.
The international cooperation between Sanda and Aletheia University is mainly of student exchange programs.